Latest sewing project

Here’s a sneak peek at my current sewing project – a sleeveless, v-neck (cross-front) A-line dress…made with the most lovely blue cotton print. It has a beautiful pattern; japanese blossoms. I spent about 5 hours on it today, and got most of the bodice completed. It’s got front and neck facing, gathers at the empire line, darts (which I am now getting to be an expert at) and I have done french seams for the side seams since I think they look prettier. I am pleased with my afternoon/evening’s work!

11169060_10155590922980122_1173857701_n 11173462_10155591505560122_1456209580_n

Here it is, displayed on my wonderful mannequin (I call her Susan)

My friend Karen and I made a personalised mannequin (of me) using these instructions from Pinterest. We made a few alterations of course – firstly using masking tape rather than duct tape because I had to be the one to buy it, and it was the weekend that 50 Shades of Grey was out – and I didn’t want people to get the wrong idea…. 😉

We stuffed it with old pillows/toy stuffing, and I decided to put a hanger in the top so that I can…well, hang it up. I mostly plan to make dresses/skirts so it doesn’t have a stand, and I hang it either from a curtain rail or the ironing board when I’m fitting things.

So far I have made a dress and two skirts – the dress above is my second and I’m taking my time with it because the fabric is so pretty, I don’t want to get it wrong. I have another three projects lined up after this though…so hopefully next Saturday I will make some good progress!

More pictures to come asap 🙂

-x-

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s